We can’t go anywhere without seeing candy hearts, date ideas, or Valentine’s Day Outfits. It can all be a little overwhelming and to us ladies without a current paramour it can be pretty dreary.Alas, this is a season of love, and who says you can’t show a little to just your little ole self?
- Get Some Air. Your lunges help fuel your entire body, it’s best to take care of them. Take a walk, whether it means getting out during the golden hour or just a stroll to wake yourself up. It’ll be a time to clear your mind before or after a long day, just to remind yourself of how special you are.
- Make Yourself Dinner. This is a biggie if you’re a college girl. Take some time to make yourself a nice healthy meal. Make enough for a couple days! That way you can enjoy it more than once, and it’ll keep you from making unhealthy food choices when it’s already prepped at home!
- Get Some Goodies. Probably not the ones you might be thinking of(but those are great too) try subscribing for an ipsy bag, or a birchbox, or any subscription really. Most offer Valentine’s promotions with a like oomph. Nothing like a package to brighten your day!
- Date Yourself. Send yourself some flowers, rent a movie, turn off the phone and chill. Most of us women are super givers, we give to work, family, boyfriends, friends and more. Very rarely do we get a day to be selfish and what other day than this one? So give your guy a pass this holiday ( he can love you all 364 other days right?) and take yourself out (or stay in).
- Do Something Special on Your Part. If you’re by yourself this holiday, its not a bad thing at all. If you have a lot of love to give, try giving to someone else. check out your local pet shelter and adopt a pet for a day. Check out a local nursing home and give a few smiles. If it’s on your heart to love others this holiday make someone else’s day and love yourself as well.
I hope you ladies enjoyed this post! what are your plans for Valentine’s day? Comment below and tell me!