Probably one of my oddest attributes is that I love housewares. HGTV is like the set channel for my television and my Pinterest board is, if I do say so myself, pretty fabulous ,but alas! Sadly I do not have my own apartment and my dorm is too microscopic to decorate more than a tapestry and a few pictures. So today I thought I’d share my favorite home decor items so that maybe those of you blessed with independence can reap from my daydream wishlist. Enjoy!
- Console This little beauty captured my heart. I love architecture and quirky pieces and this is perfect. I love how the “handles” are so unnoticeable and the bottom is so simple. I’m also a sucker for white because it’s so crisp and timeless.
- Mylo ChairAnother hit from west elm. I’d like it better if the legs were a bit lighter, but the vintage mid-century look is just too gorgeous. These also look super comfy and the reviews say they are easy to clean!
- Terrarium I personally don’t have a green thumb at all and I like these because you can put fake ones in and your mom won’t scold you about having dead ones around, plus when you get bored you can put new fake ones! Yay plastic plants!
- Bar tending Glasses I found these glasses to be super cute and different. Not to mention you can use them as guides for a super quick drink if you need to!
- Bar Cart If you’re gonna have the bar, you have to have the cart, and it has to be equally as fabulous. I find that gold can be a bit much sometimes, but silver can really play into that “modern” look without looking too conforming to one thing, not to mention it won’t look weird against an odd wall color or weird accessories.
- Leaning Mirror I found this mirror to be gorgeous. It’s so simple, yet so functional, but it so young and hip! It give me a very “LA studio apartment vibe” because when you are utilizing such small space, all of your pieces have to be functional and this mirror seals the deal without being bulky. I also love that the outline is textured (see other photos) so it can have a masculine feel for a guys apartment too.
- Storage Bed Add storage and I’m yours! I love that this bed is so modern, yet timeless and storage is always really great, not to mention the grey can go with a million combinations. I love how the tweed gives texture without being overbearing. Also, it comes with the headboard! So many beds now a days come with no headboard and I think that’s so inconvenient, not to mention I think twinkle lights would look great draped over the board.
- Hall Tree I think it’s so neat when HGTV builds these into homes, and this is a sweet alternative. Again with the rustic chic medium wood and piping, this piece is very unisex and functional. I love that it can be a sitting bench as well as possible shoe storage ( or basket use like the picture).
- Waterscape Vases I thought these vases were super cute and different. I like the frosted texture and how their shapes vary, but are still similar. The short squat one on the left is my favorite. They almost look apothicary-ish. Also, having seen them in store, they’re very light weight, but not fragile feeling which I think is a plus in a vase. Not to mention they range from 28-50$ so they won’t break the bank.
- Pipe Bookcase
I’m a total book nerd and trying to organize and keep up with them can be a pain when storage is an issue. I love this shelf because it’s not very busy in woodwork and simple.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to comment below and tell me which pick was your favorite or what accents you’re loving right now!
Check out Amazing Lace for great summer style deals!